Thursday, December 15, 2011

If you're so clever...  Why are you on your own tonight?
If you're so very entertaining... Then why are you on our own tonight?
If you're so very good-looking... Then why do you sleep alone tonight?

Item 1.)
What is this constant need people have for attention? Honestly... I do not understand it. I know that everyone likes to be recognized, myself included. However, this insatiable need for attention - from anyone and everyone - that I seem to find in the majority of people in my age group truly confuses me. The idea of people talking about me makes me vastly uncomfortable. Yes, I want recognition. We all do. But I want to be recognized for doing something amazing, for creating something beautiful... Not for some ridiculous teenage scandal. I know that I will occasionally be spoken about for who I've loved, or hated, the things I've worn, and so on, but I'd like to think that when the day is done I will be remembered by the music I've made, and by my character.

Item 2.)
I heard a delicious quote today from a babbling blonde girl in my study hall as she was giggling at her project on Socrates. "True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing." That's EXACTLY how I feel. I have no clue. About life and death, love and hate, pain and happiness. I have no control. I have to except that. You see, I'm a complete control freak. It is only when I sit back and tell myself that the control is out of my hands and there is nothing I can do, that I can begin to soothe my aching need to control EVERYTHING. It's only when I realize that I really have little to no effect on the way the world I live in changes around me, that I can fully take control of myself.

Item 3.)
I've been writing music constantly. It's like all I want to do all the time. And honestly, It's coming out pretty well. Maybe I'll post some lyrics up here... Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment