Monday, December 12, 2011

Piano. Guitar. Arnold Palmer. Homework. Tumblr. Tea. Rinse, and repeat.

       Why do we bother becoming emotionally invested in people? People fail us. In fact, I constantly fail people - The people who need me most. I forget them when they're in their time of trouble. I allow my friendships to fall from the glorious enthusiasm of their youth, to the climatic and dusty gutter of under appreciation. I forget that I need people. Because - as much as I hate it - People are better than no people. However, if I am constantly (yet unintentionally) failing others, why should I expect any different from them? I shouldn't. I know that. And it is a fact of which I am always reminding myself. Yet, when I'm scared or lonely or afraid, I find myself thinking that maybe someone owes me something. That maybe I will not be forgotten, that maybe. Just maybe. I am wanted as much as I am needed. 

I am going to humor Bridget now:

1.) That awkward moment when, I don't understand one of Bridget's "awkward moment whens" and I'm her best friend.

2.) That awkward moment when, my dad got in a fist fight with my gym teacher in 1986.

3.) That awkward moment when,  people try to talk to me and my head is just going "Piano. Guitar. Arnold Palmer. Homework. Tumblr. Tea. Rinse, and repeat." 



No comments:

Post a Comment