You sort of forget how invested you are in people. I forget sometimes, because I rarely truly let anyone in. So, when I do, It really means something. It means that I think you are an important enough part of my life that it makes sense for me to depend on your being there. It means that I have faith that, although our relationship may change, it will always be there. It means that I have faith that you will lift me up when I fall, and make me laugh when I'm crying. I very rarely do that.
There have been many times when people have betrayed that faith, and trust. There have been times, when the person I trusted the most kicked me while I was already down. But, I'm willing to still try to push past my inability to trust in people; to trust the few people have earned it. It's a crazy feeling, coming to the realization that half of the people in your life don't really contribute to it at all, except for negatively. It's a crazy feeling, coming to the realization that I do actually need people; that I can't do it on my own.
I guess what I mean is that, it's a moment like nothing else when you begin to realize, deep in your heart of hearts that you love a person. It's a really humbling experience to realize how desperately you want, and need them to love you back; To not be able to imagine your life in a world where they weren't there; To not like the idea of where you'd be if they hadn't come along. There are only a handful of people in my life, that I truly feel that way towards. I hope you know who you are.
I love you.
Promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment