Friday, May 27, 2011

"Don't Hate Me" -Some of you know the real title(;

Let's write another girl's story,
Another ballad of teenage angst,
another "song for you," another thing to do.
Oh, my friend, I was just another pretty face.
Honestly, this is my fall from grace.
Honestly, this is my first bitter taste of resistance.
I just wanted to be different, but it turns out I'm just the same. (plot twist!)

[Chorus]
So, Don't say you're sorry now.
I'm sure you just feel awful about yourself.
Is this how it went the last time, with somebody else?
Don't tell me not to hate you; I'll do whatever the fuck I want to.
These are the reasons I'm going to hell.


So, Let's all be so sympathetic to your personal confession as you realize how awful you are.
Let's all bow to your depression and make you our social circle's personal star.
Your self destruction was so sexy, but was I just another scar?
Or was I just a piece in your game?
Aren't we all pieces in your stupid game?
I wanted to be different but it turns out I'm just the same. (plot twist, again!)

[Chorus]


I just wanted to fix you.
Oh God, to fix you.
I just wanted to know you, just like everybody else.
Everybody else, I'm just like everybody else.

( Rachel's voice: " Not me. Really. Not me."

2 comments:

  1. Just watched the vid of you singing while reading the lyrics. This is how you know you are famous.

    ReplyDelete