Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mirror Dance

               Did you ever notice that relationships, in every form, kind of revolve around a mirror dance? A charade of forced I love you's? When one says I love you too their friend, or boyfriend/girlfriend the other party is expected to immediately respond with some form of the same statement. It doesn't nessecarily mean that they love you, just that they like you enough to not want to hurt your feelings by not responding. It kind of takes away the whole meaning of " I love you."
              Remember when you were a little kid, and your parents told you not to say hate, because it is a strong powerful word and it really hurts people? I propose that I love is just as strong a word and has equal or greater power to hurt people. For, when the time comes, when everyone moves on, and the mirror dance ends, someone will stand there realizing that is all it was, a charade. And all the things that they had believed about forever, and happily ever after were not said, only assumed. Of course, they assumed wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment