Tuesday, April 12, 2011

That girl.

I've always had a fear of being that girl. That girl who's with that boy. Who's existence is defined by what that boy thinks, and does. I wanted to be someone - something - else. In wanted to be the girl who is fine on her own, not just without a boy, but without anyone. I wanted to be successful, and beautiful, and who I am without the assistance of anyone or anythiong else. Why, though, is the second girl so charming in movies, books, and shows? Why is it so picture esc' to not want a savior? Because she always gets one anyway. That girl, that seemingly unbreakable girl gets rescued from herself.         
                                              Every. Time.

She may fight it, fight it with every drop of practicality in her closed mind, but it happens anyway. And it is so much more heart-wrenching that way. It is infinitely more touching to see someone realize a dream and recieve it in the same moment, then to watch a dream, fulfilled.

In the end, she always seems to realize that the love she never wanted, is the one thing she needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment